Originally Posted By: Mike Shenton
Here is another example that I weigh all the time. I use Bosch 6" random orbit sanders and I usually have to buy a new one every year. They are half the cost of a Festool. The Bosch has a 1 year warranty and the Festool has a 2 year. I just can't make that leap to the Festool.

Mike, we often joke amongst us about if we had to have only "one Festool" which one would we pick...

Believe it or not, the 150 mm Rotex Sander (w/vacuum of course) is alway at the top of the list...Once you take that leap, you probably will never go back. I have been "cursed and threatened" (in a joking fashion) for having "ruined" colleagues lives by getting them addicted to the wonders of Festool engineering...

The Domino 500 and 700 I have lent out to those with the skills to appreciate them have made one window and door Carpenter sell or not replace $70K in tools and I have heard of many others going down the same route with this companies offerings of tools.

The concept of "tool through material" vs "material through tool" is what sets many companies like Festool apart from the larger industrial tool concepts. I kinda look at it like the hand tool mentality they have with a "power assist" added...