Jay, you really aren't grasping what I'm trying to say, and your excessively long replies do nothing to hide that. Without that small but of taper,rounding, etc., you would never get the peg started without damage. Once you reach the full diameter of the peg, then there is no more draw boring going on.

I find your approach at discussing things very arrogant, as if you are the only intelligent and experienced person in the conversation. You've been booted from at least one forum already for this. I know that you have alienated people from the discussions here because they don't want to endure your verbose replies. Anytime there is a request for information here that someone responds to before you, you seem to feel the need to add a multi paragraphed response as well, which usually runs way off point with your need to discuss the many irrelevant modalities with which you have some experience with. Please don't think I am alone in my opinion, I'm just the first one to get bothered enough to say something.

Member, Timber Framers Guild