I apologize if my other post sounded like you should undo what is working for you...By all means keep it if it works, and you're happy with it...

Additionally just food for thought Tim, and our other readers...

I have been in a number of operation over the years that have massive floor load requirements and then some, such as storing a tractor collection, Sawyer operations and other Mass Related storage needs. This can be found both on first, second and third floors of old bank style barns and vintage Factory, Mill and Dock Warehouses.

This isn't to negate your shop, but just to suggest that perhaps anyone designing and/or having what you do, could improve the work area (and its comfort/safety) by adding matting...even Wood Matting...to such a system where primary walking/working is done. We have placed wooden floors over entire concrete floors just for this purpose and reason to good effect. Even now we avoid concrete whenever possible by employing vintage approaches to to foundational systems and using gravel for first floor systems. Instead of concrete slabs, a floating wooden floor is installed over sleepers on the gravel.

Just an alternative suggested system to concrete...

Regards,

j