You are blessed Tim...In my view. That part of Maine is beautiful and most special! Say hello to the Rive...it is a special one...

In another reincarnation (and career) I worked guiding in many parts of rural Maine, to the point of usually recertifying my WEMT credential there as Maine has some of the best emergency services in North America. My ties to the Passamaquoddy tribe also grew along the way...as did my affection for that region, it's people and environment...

As to surviving timber frames in your area...I now understand much better your perspective of things. I would wager (correct me if you believe I'm in error) that your region is virtually devoid of true Edge Ruled frames in the pure since, as this is very much a rough and rabble range of people, culture and archtiecture...so the surviving frames are probably mostly a mix or full on scribe rule with a dash of...this or that...for the few that survive.

I do believe on the boarder region there we still might still find a strong french influence to many architectural forms including rare examples of Piece sur Piece timber frame and log structures buried under plaster and more modern cladding.

Thanks for sharing that...