Hello All...

I think this will be (or should be??) my last post on this thread. The topic of Layout for timber framing is a vast and in depth one. It is a subject I have studied at some length for well over 30 years now.

Because of this conversation and some rather excellent participation in my view, I think starting a new post thread is warranted. Further, I am (per Will B. et al's suggestion) will be writing a piece for our Journal over the next few months that should have some worth and quality by spring 2017 for that quarter's publication (if I can pull everything together in my head and notes...ha, ha.)

The new post will revisit much of what was written here, so do bear with me for the beginning. "Out of Wind" was excellent, but I feel this topic should be expanded and specifically titled to..."Layout In Timber Framing...Historic Practices and Contemporary Applications Of Them"...

The post thread will explore what I have learn and hope to outline in the article...PLUS...anything and everything others think of, would like to see, and our have views about.

Warm Regards,

j