The original post asked the question "is this a good find/buy?"
Did you answer that directly? My answer was the entire last short paragraph that mentioned the relevant concerns cost, engineering need, suitability of the stock and available options, of which the OP did not enlighten. So my answer is no answer unless other info comes in. That is the meaning.

I refer you to Understanding Wood by Bruce Hoadley and The Wood Handbook for the basis of my expressed opinion about softwood characteristics concerning ring count, strength and specific gravity. The opinion concerning the changes due to shrinkage by moisture loss vs dry stock can be verified by the above and just about any carpentry text.

"As to "gainsay," I again apologize if I feel it applicable and appropriate to take a different perspective than you on the subject" That is directly not an apology but an affirmation of a tactic. Why not drop weasel words? To me gainsay means troll and by quoting me four times in a single post for some form of appropriate correction with misleading, non relevant and confused facts is neither helpful or clearly reasoned.