Hi Nate,

In general, any foundation should be re-evaluated by a PE and/or the timber frame designer to see if it can carry the load parameters a given design will subject it to.

I can share, that most "stick frame" structures are not in balance with the foundations under many of them, in as as much, that most OPC modern foundations (even traditional stone plinth or other stone, rammed earth, etc foundations) fare exceed the loads above them. So, if yours is a typical 8" pourd form foundation or even a cylinder block if a "full silled timber frame" design is incorporated your current foundation most likely will take the timber frame load parameters without any modification.

I would point out that an insulative/mechanical/electrical wall diaphragm system will still have to be employed and this often is studwork, wall trussing or related extra framing or panel system...

If fire is a growing concern of yours and/or your wife's, I can share the most domestic (and commercial) confligrations are from the fireload of content materials moved into the architecture...not the studwork.

Regards,

j