Hi Matthew,

I do love some styles of "Cubism" in modern design. You have selected a great one to role model off of from my perspective of such design layouts.

As to the overall design of your timber frame superstructure, I see little conflict in the joinery or overall affect and perspectives. With that stated, I would be remiss to not strongly suggest (since you are a novice to the craft) that your final designs need to be seen and approved by a qualified PE with competent and well tested traditional timber framing experience. I would not recommend just any PE try to help you. I have decades of experience and my plans are still overseen by a PE I have a long relationship with.

I would also strongly suggest you find a Timberwright with experience to work with and get guidance from for this project...

I personally, to stay within this "cubist affect" and modern rectilinear design motif...would strongly suggest getting rid of all the "oblique bracing" completely as it is not necessary at all...

The structural wall and roof diaphragms of the architecture can be stiffened in much more efficient and sympathetic modalities than the more common and ubiquitous "elbow/knee bracing." This will also facilitate better fenestration approaches and aid in the structure's flow within the lines and parameters more common with modern design...

Welcome to the craft!!!

Blessings,

j