Originally Posted By: TIMBEAL
On the scale of things, you are so most correct Cecile. As for Jay's perfumed and fluffy presentation its almost like living a dream, thanks Jay.

Thank's Tim...You are most welcome!

LOL...I am to pleased to give anyone a "dream" or "perfumed and fluffy presentation" of our craft!!!...

What's important...is keep spreading the word!!! And enjoying what you do!!

Originally Posted By: TIMBEAL
Somewhere in the bowels of the forum I have documented a timber frame build by my one of my grandfathers in the early 1950's, he was still building in timber frame mode, if I recall the pegs were broom handles cut down, no joke. The building is still standing today. A little tidbit for you Jay, of what lies between the lines...

Awesome!!!

Thanks for sharing that...!!!

I would suggest it also kind of makes my point to a degree doesn't it?

The craft maybe less practiced in most industrialized countries...No doubt, but its not rare by any stretch of the imagination...At least not in my world at all. Nor growing less in popularity (I'm overwhelmed with work!!!)

If one actually spends time (or decades) traveling and studying the craft in other countries and/or documentation, along with the human experience of exchange...It can be called common...

Even a communist country like China has listened to UNESCO and made certain regions world heritage sites...Go ahead and try to build something in those communities that does not sit on stone plinth foundation and be a timber frame structure...It is the complete opposite to Cecil's 0.01%