Crabtreecreek:
You should/could forward your post to the board of directors and ask them to forward it to the education committee for review. Not all directors and committee members read all these posts.

Your comment: "consult a certain area of the website may not be a good answer" sometimes doing that maybe the simplest, quickest, and only reply some of them get. And if the answer is there, why not?

I read a quote on the wall at a timber framing school that said: "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember.. I do and I understand."

If they do it themselves, that is find there own answers then, I feel, they will understand.

I personally haven't noticed the following: " vague or almost sarcastic replies to those who are searching for direction and answers from what they perceive to be "Experts" as the forums name implies."

I suppose that's a matter of interpretation of the reader. Possibly you could site a couple of examples to me privately....especially if they are my posts...

And if there are other forums where there are better answers and more activity about timber framing, please fill us in to where it is and we'll join you there.

Your comment: "A survey/posting form could also serve as a source of contact information for those who wish to provide or engage professional services. By checking a box in the posting form stating "I would like to be contacted regarding paid professional assistance" and entering info such as type of project, date of construction etc. " this is probably best handled at the Timber Framers Business council site, similar to their request form for finding a timber framing company.
Have you seen that?

You have to be careful in your post you have suggested two things. One is education and one is business or to help promote business. The guild side of things is education. The business side of things is usually handled by the business council.

Years ago, I suggested a section of this forum could be where companies could post times and locations of frame raisings so that people interested in seeing one and learning more about timber framing could go and watch and learn. I was told that's business and this forum site couldn't do that, as it is an educational site.

And I must admit that there is more recent postings here than there has been for sometime.

Jim Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!