Hello all

I just joined this forum and I hope to re nurture my old craft, Joinery. I was an apprentice joiner when I was 13, many moons ago, and learned the craft the old fashioned way in Ireland. But I took on other apprenticeships trades (bricklaying, plumbing, electric/onic, drafting, plastering, welding ....) over my early years, so I became one of those guys on a building site that could tackle/assigned any job, including engineering specs. I ended up as a part-time builder and renovator, involved in many projects. But left the building trade in 2006 just before the housing crash in UK/Ireland, as I was also business consultant/trader.

Now, I wish to get back to my early crafts but this time in Ghana. I founded, The Assin Foundation, and one of my aims is to build a Heritage Park, with all wooden framed buildings and structures. To be able to teach the locals some crafts and also learn from them. However, I am considering building a Heritage Village for Busman's holiday resort.

Anyway, this plan is still in the early days and I have a lot to learn, relearn and I hope to attract some interest and help on my/our project(s) progress. My first task is to rebuild/repair our Heritage Centre's rotten roof.