Originally Posted by northern hewer
Hello everyone tonite

Thanks CD for the great information, it sounds very workable, but I have a problem with releasing to them all my personal. Information

Thanks again

NH
Hello NH,

I don't comment much here on your post thread, as it seems most often your just sharing with us what your up to, which is often interesting. I agree "illustrations" are worth a 1000 words. Our little forum is rather atrocious for not being user friendly and certainly not on par with most basic of modern day chat rooms for posting pictures, sharing fonts from other languages, etc. I too wish it was more capable and the "go to" place for woodworkers and the like seeking information on timber framing but its not. It is, however, the horse we have to plow with at this time and gets the job done for the most part...

As for Cecile's advise, it was both informative and accurate, and why when he post pictorial information we all learn from it...

I'm ultra conservative in many ways to the point that I have never owned or carried cell phones, do not have main stream bank accounts and credit cards, and related modern attachments that most folks abide by. Nor do I give out my information willy-nilly." However, it is delusional, in this day and age, if anyone believes that government(s) and business institutions do not track (and continue to try more each day) your comings and goings. That is a simple reality of the modern age and unless you wish to live in wilderness someplace under a rock, it will only get worse...not better...

Governments and businesses of all kinds most certainly do track us, and because they use the internet for this data gathering and storage...all our personal data is already out there but hopefully being better managed than it sometimes is. The trick, if concerned, is having the smallest viable personal digital footprint as possible within context of personal data. I have a solid online digital presence, but it is only "public data," that is put out there. Pictures, if meant to be educational don't belong to you anyway if the intent is to inform and instruct others. So, in reality, it should not matter much what platform you put them on as the copyright is still yours as the originator of the photo, not that this means much these days anyway in some regards if the actual goal is sharing information and not just controlled self promotion...

Folks out in the world could benefit from your shared perspectives of this craft and that includes posting your photographic and illustrative understandings within it. Pick a platform and start sharing...Cecile's choice is an excellent one...

Last edited by Jay White Cloud; 10/25/20 04:59 PM.