I would remove strips of bark , about 3 on an average log , 4 on a real big log. Stack em up on cribs so there off the groud. Do not let vegetation grow up and around them. Put them out in the open on dry ground in the sun , but don't let the sun hit them. Lay some scrap wood on top and some roof tin. Weight the tin down good! Every 2-3 weeks roll the logs. The other suggestion where great and I agree with them , but I would cut the timbers just before I was ready to build. Plans change over time and you can't cut it bigger. One time a pily of logs I had for a cabin turned into 2k worth of siding for a friend. Cutting ahead of time is great if you got the place to season the timbers as prev. posted you can cull problem timbers but they will need to be replaced. Try to choose your logs carefully. A crooked or twisted log won't make a decent timber. Did you say your cutting hemlock? Great wood , but it can be funky, ring shake and all that. I've never used sealer for soft woods but I would like to know more about that. Pine borers are bad around here. Snows hit record 10 miles from here 11' in 7 days. Adios

Timothy W Longmore