HI Daiku:

That dutch barn was originally known as the Kirkwood Barn. That is the name of the family that owned it when the seaway went through in the 50's. There is some more information about it in the achives at UCV, but over the years I never researched it any further. It would be nice to know who owned the property originally that the barn sat on along the ST. Lawrence, but where do you stop!. In UCV it is called the Louck's Barn, the Louck's family being the name of the group of buildings that make up that area. The Louck's family were UEL's and German in origin, similar to my own family the Casselman's, having arrived here in 1784 from the Scoharie region of New York. You find that in UCV, buildings names have been worked somewhat to suit the site. The big stone house was the heaviest building moved during the seaway construction. I do not have the dimensions of the anchor beams at my finger tips, but someday when I am down there I will check it out for you. The papers have been phoning like crazy trying to get information about the conference, and I am trying to oblige with appropriate info which isn't easy. Thanks for the offer on the web page, just sit tight for now, my wife is going to give it a try. What I want to produce is a site that will offer sections dealing with various topics--how hard is this to produce?--anyone with suggestions is welcome!!
The NH.