I plan to build a barn that is 34x36 that will be built into a hill and will need to support a pickup loaded with hay on the second level. One 34 and one 36’ wall will be built into the hill and will have an 10’ high concrete wall. The layout of the barn will be as follows. The posts will be spaced 12’ oc along the 36’ side and will be at 0,12,22,34 along the gable end that will give me two rows of 12x12 stalls with a 10’ ally. I am planning to use white oak for all timbers and the second flooring. I plain to use 8x8 posts, 8x20 beams, 4x8 floor joists 24 oc and 3x 6 or 8 flooring,

My questions are, are these dimensions sufficient and where can I be get blueprints for a barn of this type at a reasonable price. I have checked the USDA archives and did not find any plains for a barn built into a hill. The other issues is any of the engineers I have spoken to about this are not familiar with timber framing and they insist that I cannot accomplish what I am looking for with a timber structure.