My parents recently sold the remainder of the farm I grew up on. It is just south of Dayton Ohio. The only remaining structure on the farm is a 5 bay English type barn (36' x 60'). I would like to dismantle and move the barn to western NC where I now live and convert it into a residence for my family. I have dreamed of doing this for many years and with the sale of the land, I now feel some urgency.

The barn is in pretty good shape. All of the beams are hand hewn and the rafters are sawn. Some of the post bottoms will need some work. The original roof appears to be wood shakes and it now has metal roofing over them. The siding is in good shape and is attached with square nails. All wood appears to be oak.

I am looking for a contractor that would be interested in moving the structure. I am planning to take a leave of absence from my job so that I can spend a considerable amount of time on the project. I have 12 months to remove the barn from the property according to the sales contract.

Does anyone have any recommendations of barn moving contractors or know where I should start in my search? Any other advise on this project would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mark