Keith, Scott and Rudy,

Thanks so much for your replies. I do know some Guild members in the area (I used to belong myself) and may enlist their help. Sounds like I'll need all I can get!

Rudy, thanks for the info on "Barn Again!". I monitor their website (www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~barn/), but it hasn't been updated in quite some time. Would you recommend any sort of historical search before the barn is disassembled? I do want to go out of my way to perserve what I can even though the barn must be moved.

I have also contacted Glenn Harper of the Ohio Historical Society in Dayton. He is going to provide a list of contractors who specialize in barn renovation and moving.

Jim Papritan of the OSU Extension Service indicates that the Extension offices maintain lists of barn contractors. I will pursue that avenue as well.

Any idea of the costs associated with this venture? I have a 2-3 year old article from one of the commercial timberframe magazines that quotes Rudy as saying it takes about $15,000 to get one disassembled and loaded, about $1.50 per mile for transportation, and another $8,000 to reassemble. And those figures don't include repairs and trash disposal. Are those figures still fairly accurate? I also assume that additional cost would be incurred for assessing and documenting the barn.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Mark