Topic: slicks

Just back from the TFG Conference and decided to do a bit of house keeping work on the forum.
I have moved the stuff from Sliks to slicks and froes since it is essentially the same topic.

Topic: slicks
simon hayes
Contributor posted 10-11-2001 08:09 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi there, i work in a small two man concern along with simon hayes, and i also am looking for a slick, i have heard some mention of a company in the uk producing a slick for the export market to the us but i was wondering if i could get one in the uk.
please use simons website as an address.
thanks v.much
luke matthews

K F Hume
Contributor posted 10-11-2001 02:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Luke,
I have two of those slicks and have never used either of them. The finishing of the backs and cutting edges is seriously flawed and of extremely poor quality.

I got mine from Woodcraft in the states and I understand that they are made here in the UK. They come with a little union jack label stuck on to the very blunt blade.

You are welcome to buy mine at a knock down price.

Ken Hume

Tim Potts
Contributor posted 10-13-2001 07:52 AM
What constitutes a knock down price?

Bill

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity

While

The Optimist sees Opportunity in every difficulty