Gasoline engine generators appear to have an interesting price vs noise index of sorts. The reliability issue also points in the direction of the Honda engine. As the noise diminishes the price increases rather steeply. The Honda is by far the quietest. My Coleman runs for 9 hours on a single 5 gallon fill of petrol but it is very noisy. So we are left with What price noise, or, if you prefer, what price quiet. A 5500 watt unit (like my Coleman) runs under $500, a similar output Honda runs over $1300. Am in the process of constructing a noise baffle box and getting a local machine shop to fabricate a quiet muffler (one is not available fron the manufacturer). Time will tell if the noise suppression works, you do the math for the cost saving. A caution, if you plan to work or camp in a National Forest an approved spark arrestor is mandatory.
Some options you may want to consider with or without a generator. There are several brands of rugged high torque cordkess 18v power tools which will run all day on two 2.4amphour batteries which charge in an hour each. I am fond of the Bosch brand which includes a planer along with drill/drivers and saws. Bosch "brutes"
can be purchased at considerable savings over the MSRP. Recently we did a lot of peg hole drilling on the Charleston bus shelter using my Bosch without any problems at all.
Work safe, have fun.