We're not building pianos here. There are scores of timber framed buildings around the world that are centuries old & exhibit many of the "flaws" alluded to by SRC. They exhibit the heart & soul of their builders, as do many new timber frames. Any exposed work I've seen using PSL, LVL or the like is, to me, comparatively flat & lifeless, reflecting the nature of the materials. I use the stuff too, at times, but a piece of LVL has never inspired thoughts of the forest that gave up the trees to produce it.
Materials & methods aside, whatever systems being used that regulary yield such fast enclosure times are worthy of study, though I've seen smaller, well planned timber frames go up nearly as fast as long as there's sufficient room on site & adequate crane & man power. Standardizing & practicing (30,000 times!) help too.
There's room for all kinds of buildings & builders, just like there are different kinds of people to inhabit them. While setting the bar high is laudable, disparagement of talented, conscientious, hard working builders, no matter what form they build in, cheapens us all.