Good afternoon Stanley old chap
I never slandered you or your houses. You never made it clear initially they were custom one off designs. For a builder/developer to refer to his 30,000 creations as "units" just led me (wrongly as it turns out) to assume they were "Characterless impersonal identikit units..." etc etc. Too many modern houses are that way now.
Anyway, my genuine apologies mate if I apeared to fly off the handle. (Sorry you didnt like my joke either but then not everybody shares the same sense of humour).
I know it bugs you to be asked a lot of questions, but please bear with me. Do you really believe in the integrity and robustness of so-called quality control systems? I used to work for a big American owned manufacturing company. The Chairman was RICH I mean forbes RICH; he payed lousy wages, wouldnt even invest in reliable machinery, insisted on cheapo crappo materials. They were suposed to have all that quality control/assurance ISO stuff in place. In my opinion it was really only there to impress buyers from the BIG house building companies when they came a calling. DOES bribery ever come into it, or have I been over cynicised by the effects of global capital on my world view wink ?
PS It was my disilusionmant with the global capital profit is god mentality that propmted me to find a less stressful and more rewarding way of living the rest of what remains of my life. That is why I decided to learn (later in life than most), to be a joiner.
Cheers, Jonathan smile