Hello,
The best and most enjoyable way to get a 13" Makita is to take a trip to Japan and buy one. It would also be the only way. Makita USA and Makita Japan, as far as I know and hear, have actually had court battles over some Japanese companies importing Makita Japan tools into the US. Makita Japan was not trying to stop it and the poor Makita stores in the US were being hurt by us timber framers buying the 13" saw. With that said, I bought mine 2 years ago (and now realized should have bought 20) from Aqua Stone. When I called Aqua Stone last fall to buy 20 they told me they were no longer able to import Makita tools, Makita had stopped them.

But they can get Hitachi Japan tools and they also have a 13" saw, while more expensive I have heard that it is also a good saw.

I have called both Makita Japan and US and neither said they could help me. If you or anyone has a good contact in Japan we should all pool our money and buy a crate of them...best saw I have ever used.
Would have to dig around to get the number for Aqua Stone. Let me know if you want it.

Brice