Hi Stan,

I definately agree with Joel. Do hire (or what ever) someone that has experience with raisings. Rasing a timber frame is no easy task, especially if it is your first one. It sounds like your frame is pretty big to, theres alot going on there. With as many questions as you have i would have someone experienced on site for the raising. I am tring not to sound to harsh, but from the experiences i have had( which is relatively little compared to some older framers) there are things you definately do and don't want to do.
Do you have the proper rigging slings to hold the massive weight of a bent? and enough of them? The crane op might have his own. also enough come a longs? Proper placement of comealong and sling are vital to a succesful and SAFE raising. Extra hands are always helpful. I would have at least four other sets of hands. Preferably some that have a general idea about the process. If not its like the blind leading the blind. Sometimes it's hard for people to visualize the process. It was for me back on my first raising. Also think about who is going to do the highwire act. You will need at least two people up high sometimes settin' purlins or a ridge beam. People that are NOT afraid of heights are always good to have helping. I will not go on forever, but there are alot of topics that could be discussed. That's where someone that knows the process could cover all your bases for you safe and sound. It's not impossible to do it yourself. But it's better to be safe than sorry. Alot could go wrong if done the wrong way. The best of luck to you and enjoy the raising. It's truely a magical experience.

Take care, Zac

p.s. where is the raising?