Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#12227 07/18/07 01:25 AM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3
Greetings, New guy here. I have been a carpenter for going on fourteen years now, and I have never experienced timberframing. So, to broaden my horizons a bit, I am looking into taking a class at Yestermorrow. Specifically, A timberframing workshop in September with the instructors, Steve Amstutz, Nancy Bernstein, and Mike Peabody. Just looking for some feedback from anyone who has taken this course, OR if anyone has any other recommendations for timberframing schools in New England. Thanks........
-Greg-

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,696
J
Member
Member
J Online: Confused
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,696
Yestermorrow is a good timber framing school, I've been there many times.
Also, Heartwood school in western MA is good.
If you need a link, let me know and I'll post one for you.
Also, in ME is Fox Maple.
Jim


Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3
Thanks Jim. I attended Yestermorrow for a plastering workshop a few years ago and I enjoyed the experience. Between the tuition, fuel to get to/from Vermont, lodging, food, and time out of work, I just wanted to make sure I am getting the most for my money/time. I will look into the other schools mentioned also. Thanks again, Greg

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 603
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 603
I enjoyed my foxmaple experience a couple months ago and I learned a lot. I understand what you mean about the costs adding up. It's hard for me to spend so much money in one week smile


Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.205s Queries: 23 (0.176s) Memory: 2.9811 MB (Peak: 3.5653 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 09:47:52 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS