Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#29749 10/17/12 06:19 AM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 273
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 273
Hello,

So, once the framework is in place the next step is often to enclose the structure and sometimes a simple covering of planks is opted for, particularly in North America where the infill technique is more exception than rule, more exotic than rooted in the tradition. The enclosure is then nailed up - well, someone might use screws - and I was just wondering if anyone uses these cut nails from Tremont Nail Company, in Mansfield and how it worked out. Personally I'm taking mine from Glasgow Nail Company but used Mustad hot dipped nails out there on the barn which I prefer.

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff

Last edited by D Wagstaff; 10/17/12 06:23 AM.
D Wagstaff #29750 10/17/12 10:58 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
Hi Don, I have used nails from Tremont, mostly for interior stuff flooring. As far as planking on the outside of a frame I use GRK screws, size ranging depending on thickness of planks. I hardly ever pick up a hammer any more.

The nails worked out fine. I prefer the result to any other option, quick and simple.

TIMBEAL #29751 10/17/12 01:13 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 273
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 273
Ok, thanks Tim.

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff


Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.386s Queries: 21 (0.349s) Memory: 2.9729 MB (Peak: 3.5655 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 04:39:48 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS