|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882 |
Has the Big Al slotted square been discontinued? Are they available and where? I don't see a tool section on the Guild page. Has there been changes?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 305
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 305 |
I don't know the answer to that, but there's a new Al in town: http://timberframehq.com/layout/
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882 |
Oh my a "smart square"! I hope I can run it.
Thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,696
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,696 |
Are you looking here: http://www.tfguild.org/products/layout-squareIt shows it is still available, for a while. Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 5
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 5 |
-OH.M.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882 |
Yes, that is the original. I'm going for the complicated one, we have two of the Big Al's in the shop, the other one can bring additional power to the floor.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 305
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 305 |
I think it's 3 phase power. Maybe 3rd eye power. 3rd hand?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,696
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,696 |
The "new Al" is one of the best layout tools going, next to a lay flat tape measure.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582 |
This tool is only for "edge rule" or "mill rule" correct?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 305
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 305 |
If you take the fence off (which you can do on the original, not sure about the new version), then you can use it for line rule. It's slick. That's a Holder Brothers trick.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|