Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#18396 03/03/09 03:11 AM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 120
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 120
Hey folks,

Once the frost leaves my timbers in a couple weeks (hopefully) I will continue work on the manShed. It is a 16x20' Sobon style shed and I am cutting it for fun.

I am contemplating putting it up on the side of the road with a forsale sign on it. Any things to consider? Would be in a good location at the neighbors where it would be safe but visible.

Although I am also considering a high traffic area, or even just raise it at home and post some ads with pics.

Thoughts? confused

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
That is how I achieved my first job. I set it up on the edge of Rt. 1 in down east Maine. I listed one in an add magazine, Uncle Henry's, the calls I received were about its cost, there were many, wanted to know how much, no one came to look. I didn't sell it through the add. Word of Mouth, is where I have had success. Local clients, some from away but are building locally.

You can't go wrong with the building, you have an asset when you are done, a usable asset, if it does not sell move it to your property and use it. We never have enough storage space.

Tim

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 106
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 106
I'd like to see your manshed when you're finished Bruce. Are you still in the Ottawa area?

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 120
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 120
PM me and you can on by to see the hammerbeam family room. Need to clean up of course too smile
I dont expect the manShed to be up for another couple months....


Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 106
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 106
What?

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 191
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 191
Bruce,, Selling Man Shacks at the side of the road is a GREAT idea! Best of luck! I should have a small timberframe at the end of my driveway! Mark-- we should get one over ASAP!
dave

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 120
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 120
Actually I do want to run a brewpub in a nice timberframe smile

But that is the long term plan and for now I will enjoy a pint in the manShed smile


Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.266s Queries: 29 (0.238s) Memory: 2.9960 MB (Peak: 3.5652 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 06:11:38 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS