|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 918
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 918 |
that looks like 1 pissed off stump. i think an axe yin yand would have made more sense, as it would take a long while to plane a tree down... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 245
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 245 |
 I have used the Daisy Wheel as a protractor several times on the job. I just scratch one on a piece of scrap. I usually draw the wheel with a radius of 2 7/8". This creates a wheel with a circumference of 36". I then step off the degrees 10 to the inch around the outside edge. You can also use a radius of 3 9/16" for a circumference of 45" and step off the degrees 1 to the 1/8".
Not all who wander are lost.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 570
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 570 |
Nice graphics Tom C. !
Neat wheel template specs too... and it has to be mentioned, 360 degrees gets divided by 12 quite nicely, too.
What are some examples of when you use the wheel on a job?
Don Perkins Member, TFG
to know the trees...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 570
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 570 |
...I am looking at the daisy wheel in three dimensions, a two part tetrahedron, and then multiples of that. The magic happens naturally, it is part to our selves and most things around us. The six fractions, 1/2-1/64th also relate to cell development and the "magic" that happens at this point. Cells are basic circles and when they split they form the tetrahedron sequence and at the 64th multiple signs of life appear or start to form, organs, limbs, us.
Tim Damn it-- 64 is not a multiple of 12! What happened?
Don Perkins Member, TFG
to know the trees...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882 |
Don, here is my guess. Draw a large circle, you will be able to place 64 circles inside the large first circle, daisy wheel after daisy wheel. The addition looks like this, from the outside large wheel......1+6=7+1=8+6=14+1=15+6=21+1=22+6=28......57+6=63+1=64. You will always have a daisy wheel left in the center until you hit 64. I think if you make it 3 dimensional you come out even and magic happens. I don't know where you will end up, so be careful.
Tim
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 245
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 245 |
here is my guess.
12 x12 x12 = 1728 for 3D Daisy Wheel , 1728/64 = 27
3D Daisy Wheel will divide by 64 but it will look more like a Dandelion.
Not all who wander are lost.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 245
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 1999
Posts: 245 |
 I have used the Daisy Wheel as a protractor several times on the job. I just scratch one on a piece of scrap. I usually draw the wheel with a radius of 5 3/4". This creates a wheel with a circumference of 36". I then step off the degrees 10 to the inch around the outside edge. You can also use a radius of 7 1/8" for a circumference of 45" and step off the degrees 1 to the 1/8". I'm sorry, the numbers in my original post are wrong. I divided by 2, one to many times. Numbers in red are corrected. I have used the Daisy Wheel to layout and check lines on the floor deck for square. I used it once to measure the out of square condition of an existing structure. The bigger you can draw your wheel the more accurate it will be.
Not all who wander are lost.
|
|
|
|
|