Reserve the use of efficient for when you want to imply skill and economy of energy in producing the desired result (: so efficient in her management of the company that layoffs were not necessary).
When applied to people, efficient means capable or competent (: an efficient homemaker) and places less emphasis on the achievement of results and more on the skills involved.

I just copied this from the dictionary, not my words but they fit the meaning I intended.

And under effective.... • impressive; striking : an effective finale.

I am happy in not trying to be impressive or striking, being average is closer to my real goal, as I believe the humble framer strove for.

As the can overflows, where is the efficiency in a cnc machine? The emphasis is placed on the skill of the person involved, the joiner. Or is the cnc machine more effective.

Tim