Mo -- I have for some time owned what I believe is the finest newly made Besigue in existence. ( and perhaps the only recent left handed copy ) I learned Plumb Line ( not using the term French out of respect, what we do is akin, but not entirly true to the French system ) from a Brit who picked up his skills while restoring a windmill in the south of France, he had two Besigues which I made great use of in the many months we worked together. For some years after I looked for a historical copy or a capable smith willing to make one, to no avail.
A former employee ( one of the finest carvers I know, makes his own carving tools ) of mine, saw a friends besigue, and showed up to work a few days later with a copy of his own. He made one for me a few months later, after asking how I wanted it to be and taking measurments ( useing one that is too short is a bit dangerous, we'd probably bleed out in short order if one were to sever their axillary artery ) he kept putting it off, saying he'd get to it, turns out he'd promised my wife a copy to be presented as a birthday gift the day I came home bragging on him and his.
I'll try to put up a picture.
Brian has returned to smithing and metelwork, but still does regular work for me, often replicating iron parts for covered bridge restorations. He just recently fit out a beautiful but abused Swan bevel back with a new socket for a colleague.
He'd be willing to entertain a commission, I'm sure.
Don -- I'd be happy to write the wiki blurb, I am though, uncertain of proper spelling, perhaps Mo might check with his professor on that.