I wonder if there is a chart which says how far the mallet, dropped form a specific distance, will bounce back, species specific too? Or you could tap it in till it feels good.(smily face) I don't think re tapping them is necessary. I do go around and check them once the frame is up and standing in its proper place. A wedge on top of a WHDT is a different matter.

So, is it a weg or a pedge?

Really I am not bashing engineers, I very much appreciate what they do. Now I have to go figure the coefficient of static friction on a block, on a plane at a certain angle, all unknown till I mock it up with different surfaces and test it all with some sin and cosin stuff. I am even learning what all the buttons on a calculator do, like the EE button.

Tim