Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#23532 05/10/10 04:53 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 83
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 83
Today, I put to use a broad ax that had been in the family but unused for almost 100 years. I spent the day learning to hew next to countless cords of wood in a pasture near the bush line. I hewed my first timber while wild horses watched.


Leslie Ball
NaturallyFramed.ca
Gumphri #23656 05/28/10 06:53 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 850
mo Offline
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 850
Nice Gumphri. I spent all day with a spokeshave. Cool tool. Not that many think about it with Timber framing, but it does make any curve nice without the sandpaper. Good topic.

#24437 09/21/10 02:00 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 191
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 191
I love moments like that! Thanks for sharing. Wild horses?

#24438 09/21/10 10:17 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
I now have a Silky Big Boy...... no sandpaper or wild horses but what a nice cut.

Tim

#24440 09/21/10 11:05 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 306
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 306
Chopping a 10 meter length of rain gutter with my gutter adze today. The tactile contact with wood inspires poetry.

Don


Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.232s Queries: 25 (0.208s) Memory: 2.9833 MB (Peak: 3.5655 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 07:42:19 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS