Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#24842 12/07/10 10:26 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,124
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,124
I spent some hours learning to draw in perspective and the thing that helped me the most was tracing over other perspective drawings.
I put a basic light table together using(of all things) a computer monitor. The went through a few pads of tracing paper.

Still can't really do perspective drawings, but am reasonably comfortable doing quick sketches now.

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3
architectural graphics 5th edition
I learned perspective drawing from the 2nd edition of this book. I tend to use Sketchup for renderings now, but from time to time I will refer back to this book for sketch ideas.

#24871 12/12/10 09:29 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 718
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 718
Thanks for the tips everyone. I picked up my new table on Friday, and was given an AM Bruning drafting machine this morning. Just have to get it set up in the office. It's a big one, 37.5x60. I was also loaned a mechanical drawing book that will be a great start to just learning to use the tools. It also covers some architectural type stuff. This is a good time of year to be inside learning something new.


Member, Timber Framers Guild
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.200s Queries: 21 (0.177s) Memory: 2.9924 MB (Peak: 3.5643 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 10:40:41 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS