Oh Tim. Sorry I missed your first post. It is side entry in the 8' bays. I m not concerned about intermediate posts on gable ends and also side walls with intermediate support under top plates. It is the interior two bents that I need the figuring for. I dont mind beefing up the beams to take the extra load. I figure they are each taking half of the 14 bay floor load, half of the 8' bay floor load. I'm not sure how much if not most of the roof from these portions of the bays.
I would say the tie beams I see are mostly 8"-10" x 10"-14" range. Which is still attainable especially if I dont mind scarfing two pieces.
To add , I like sketchup a lot and use it often and it is a interesting idea that engineering could be incorporated into it. However its a bit off topic and would fare better on its own post. tb