Hey Mike. I dont really have the ability to post up my pictures, I still have not figured that out yet.
Here is a link to a company that builds modern barns using very traditional techniques and design. the design is just about the same.



http://newenglandbarn.com/ridgefield-queenpost-barn.php



Most of the these queen post barns are pretty close in a lot of characteristics, perhaps there was some kind of code or system for joiners to adhere to at this time period.
I do have my own preferences though. I like to join my joists to the tie beams, not have them sleep on top. I like the look much better and dont want the extra height that sleepers add. I like to join them in a way Daiku had told me about a while ago, with 1.25" housing at half the depth of the tie beam and then screwed diagonally into the beam. I also prefer to use vertical intermediate support not horizontal struts , as I prefer to horizontal siding.
Oh yeah, and this example is 38'long(14'-10-14') and mine is 36' long( 14'-8'-14') tb