Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#29521 08/10/12 10:23 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 235
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 235
In the heat of the summer months it is too hot to wear long pants as I'm sure everyone feels the same way. The problem now is obvious. How do you keep the wood chips and saw dust from going in the top of your boots? Up till now I've been using duct tape wrapped around the tops of my boots to my socks. All Red Green jokes aside, there must be some boot skirts or something out there that is made for this.
Sticky boots.


Life is short so put your heart into something that will last a long time.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 918
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 918
Hiking gaiters...


Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 235
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 235
Wow! I really need to get out more. I never heard of such a thing.
I wonder if Walmart has them?


Life is short so put your heart into something that will last a long time.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 918
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 918
Maybe. Dicks sporting goods might. A backpackIng outfitter should. Get the lite weight ones for summer.


Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
I am into berry season now, but I just finished a frame 90% barefoot, 10% minimalist shoe. Haven't worn soxs all summer, my feet are actually tan.

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 273
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 273
Hello,

Thanks for pointing to another great advantage of the wooden shoe.

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff


Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
I read all the Tintin comics, first thing I thought of when I saw the photo. Haven't seen the movie. I don't think Tintin wore wooden shoes? Can still get stuff down in there or do they stay fairly clean? Chain saw chips are the big accumulator, my Merrill shoes with out a pair of sox are the worst.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 946
Member
Member
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 946
I just wear long pants smirk


Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 273
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 273
Hi,

I know what you mean about the form and Tin tin. Tin tin, in the original is called Kuifje (cow,fya) a direct reference to his hair stile which makes his profile resemble the form of my clog. Though it must be pointed out that I make the effort to go back into the workshop where they are making the shoes and get mine right off the lathe before they are subjected to the belt sander which rounds them off to much. Kuifje didn't wear clogs, he was from the city.
Chips and sawdust get in there, though it is often the case that I kick them off, working in my socks.
But as the saying goes, easy come easy go and it's a matter of a kick, flip and a tap to rid them of any irritating intrusions. Ever try resting a big beam atop your feet with shoes on while you reach under it to get a better grip? I do all the time without feeling a thing.

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
DL, haven't you had record temps of recent? I have always worn boots and long pants this summer has been a change from both. I am going to see how far into the fall I can comfortably go with out heavy foot wear. I for years used felt liners as winter boots and may adapt accordingly.

Tin tin's cow lick. I think it may have been the rolled up pants leg.

Heavy wool sox with be winter foot covering too. Have been looking at Japanese construction boots, the ones with the big toe. They cinch up tight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.284s Queries: 36 (0.254s) Memory: 3.0349 MB (Peak: 3.5654 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 08:55:08 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS