hello everyone tonight

Don:

I am interested in knowing if you are just reworking the face of a plank for an effect?--ie:just taking off a very small amount of material to get rid of saw cut marks as an example

Also how does the balance of the axe in your hand seem, and by that I mean do you have to fight gravity to keep the axe's cutting edge landing effortlessly where you want it to go.

I have never had the opportunity to use such an old tool I suspect it predates the oldest tools in this region by a few generations for sure.

The later offset or flat sides hewing axes must have evolved alittle later and probably were used alongside other older types such as your fine example--localized traditional types of tools continued to be used in localities until the generations and newer technology moved slowly ahead I supect

Would you like to comment on any of my suggested chronological statements --quite interesting

NH


Last edited by northern hewer; 01/10/13 12:49 AM.