Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#30806 07/20/13 05:48 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 16
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 16
Hi Everyone,
So, I've read the books, I've gone over this plan a few dozen times, and I think I'm ready to tackle my first timber frame building. I've got a ready supply of rock maple, and I'm hoping you all can lend me some experience and tell me if my cabin plan is to ambitious for a first project. Don't hold back folks, if this is an ill conceived disaster just tell me I'm an idiot.
Here's a link to the plan
It's 24' x 24' on a concrete slab, and the front sill is missing so when I tackle the house, it can be re-purposed into a garage.
All input is welcome, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582
Hi Devin,

It looks like you saved this in a pro version? I am not sure if anyone with the free version can open this file.

Regards,

jay

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 16
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 16
Huh, didn't know you couldn't open pro version files with the free version. I'll re-post it shortly, thanks for the heads up.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 918
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 918
You can open the pro with free. Unless its a layout file.

Current free and pro is v2013.


Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582
Hi Mike,

I have tried again to no avail in opening Devin's Sketchup file. I get a warning that states:

"you have version 8.0.16846.
you need version 13.0.3689."

We only have one 'pro license' and that is in the office shop computer, everyone else has a free version. I have tried updating, but that is a pro version you must pay for. I would love some guidance, if I am doing something incorrect?

Regards,

jay

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582
Hi Mike and Devin,

I figured it all out...

I needed to upgrade to "Sketchup Make" and now have the file open for review.

I will let you know a response soon Devin. Would you please send me an email with you contact info @ tosatomo@gmail.com.

Regards,

jay

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 16
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 16
Jay,
I've sent an email your way, thank you for your assistance.
Here's a version 8 copy of the file for anyone else interested.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 946
Member
Member
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 946
How about a few jpg screenshots for those of us too stubborn (or stupid?) to get sketchup?


Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582
[img]https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=5903158658512214850&oid=110695973610279379923[/img]

This is Devin's current design, sorry that it is not posting, don't understand why?

Last edited by Jay White Cloud; 07/21/13 08:04 PM.
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 946
Member
Member
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 946
cant see it. Not how you link to things on google plus.

Also to direct link to an image here, the address has to end with a file extension (.jpg, .gif, etc.)

So right click on the image, click on the option 'copy image location' or whatever is closest to that on your browser. then paste that.


Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.473s Queries: 36 (0.408s) Memory: 3.0363 MB (Peak: 3.5652 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 10:55:38 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS