Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#31376 11/29/13 12:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
I eventually sharpen it on the floor when my sandpaper block gets clogged.
http://vimeo.com/60718161

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 582
Tim,

That was funny!!!!

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 463
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 463
Tim

That video belongs in an April Fools file.

What do I do with a 4h?

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
Roger, if you follow the above directions you will just not use such a pencil as the 4h. I struggle with pencil hardness, too soft too hard, but I do often find myself finishing the edge on the concrete floor for a finer edge. And none of this round pencil stuff I go for the carpenter style. I have one on desk, refuse from my pocket, it is about 2.5 inches long and the bevel on one side goes almost the the end. A good hard lead and you can almost score with it but if the wood is wet and light poor it is hard to see the line. I sometimes think of going to a scratch awl. I feel so crude when my pencil gets dull, the duller the cruder and more careless my work becomes. I have crayons I use for quick marks and a chainsaw, sometimes I sharpen my crayons, in an attempt to rein in myself.

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 447
Member
Member
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 447
I'm kinda fond of Ticonderoga 2.5's and their hard Carpenters planed to a flat for shooting plumb line lines of sight in scribe.

Because it takes attitude, this is the guy I hire to sharpen my pencils > http://youtu.be/wOfzBWe9EFI


"We build too many walls and not enough bridges" - Isaac Newton

http://bridgewright.wordpress.com/


Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.550s Queries: 25 (0.476s) Memory: 2.9845 MB (Peak: 3.5654 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:30:41 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS