Tim,

I have often thought when working around the Square rule ideas,
Why not just eliminate the housings and reduction completely and make unique joints. Like some kind of illegitimate child of Square and Scribe rule carpentry. I was delighted to find out that someone was doing just this

On the other hand, while working with plumb line scribing I always think, why not simplify this whole process and just measure one point of the joint and map the whole thing out from there? That means, I scribe a joint, one point on each timber, and then geometrically or mathematically reduce things to regular angles (not regular dimensions)

What I end up with, I have always viewed as a sort of hybridized system.
I am happy to learn, this is an old idea. But it wasn't developed by combining the two ideas, it was developed in a different culture.


Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/