Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#33670 05/13/16 10:38 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
I was doing some chainsaw timber work yesterday. Wondering it anyone has see a chainsaw driven 16" saw? Circular saw.....

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 463
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 463
I hope this does not inspire a Darwin Award, high kick back potential meets high light weight power...However there are masonry and steel cut-off saws as an analog.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 718
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 718
I've seen a McCulloch gas carpenters saw, but it wasn't that big.


Member, Timber Framers Guild
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,882
I hope Darwin doesn't get involved, Roger.

Here is an example of what I am not looking for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X_TaSgjnvw

This is more like it, still questioning why this type of saw was discontinued? Darwin stuff perhaps. The concrete/metal saws don't have any base. What comes to mind is a Makita 16" saw but with a chainsaw driven power head.
This could be like the McCulloch you mentioned, Dave.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUYwKYGBm9E

I was cutting a bunch of 6x6 ends and couldn't help thinking.....

Last edited by TIMBEAL; 05/14/16 12:03 AM.

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.341s Queries: 23 (0.303s) Memory: 2.9803 MB (Peak: 3.5654 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:33:11 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS