Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 3
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 3
I recently bought a used model 7104L Makita chain mortiser. It was in working order, except for the fact that the spring which assists operation of the lever that controls the angle of the chain was missing. I have bought the missing spring, but I am not sure how to mount it on the tool. Would someone be willing to lay a Makita mortiser down and take a picture of the spring in place, from below? I think I can figure it out from there.

I am referring to parts 26 and 27 in the exploded view of the machine at this link: https://cdn.makitatools.com/apps/cms/doc/prod/710/101f9056-d353-40eb-a94d-16102f8364c6_7104L_PB.pdf

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,696
J
Member
Member
J Online: Confused
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,696
I posted some photos of mine here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/438NzqXxMinAV0TR2
Let me know if you need more.

Jim Rogers


Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 3
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 3
Those photos were perfect. Thank you very much!


Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.305s Queries: 21 (0.257s) Memory: 2.9729 MB (Peak: 3.5654 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:34:10 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS