Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Hi, Could someone offer insight into jacking up a 3 story barn in order to pour a concrete foundation. We're having trouble getting undr the corners to raise them, we're thinking of sliding I-beams under it and jacking those up.
Thanks,
Bill

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 286
Member
Member
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 286
There's a pretty good discussion on this same subject on the general board right now. I Beams sounds like a good strong solution, I haven't got information handy to help size them but I suspect it's available on the web.

One thing you want to be sure of doing is have a water barrier between the barn frame and the concrete, other wise you'll be jacking it up again to replace rotting sills.


Raphael D. Swift
DBA: DreamScapes

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.221s Queries: 17 (0.188s) Memory: 2.9669 MB (Peak: 3.5647 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 11:55:40 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS