Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#8000 04/25/01 01:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the conferende at the Frontier Museum you showed a picture of a post WWII barn with a truss frame from a farm magazine. It looks suspiciously like my hay barn, with a lower level for cows, in Vermont, which I date to the early 1950's. Can you find the reference for me, - and perhaps where to find a copy of that magazine! - so that I can verify?
I had to catch a plane and couldn't wait around to ask you then.

#8001 05/04/01 01:22 PM
Joined: Feb 1999
Posts: 116
R
Moderator
Moderator
R Offline
Joined: Feb 1999
Posts: 116
Hi Jane,

The image came from page 217 of "Barns of the Midwest" by Hubert Wilhelm and Allen Noble. It is credited to John Wooley "Farm Buildings" 1946, p. 249. I don't know if the latter is still available, but Hubert's book is available from Summerbeam Books 877-272-1987. It's an enjoyable book, and a good reference.


Moderated by  mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.236s Queries: 18 (0.199s) Memory: 2.9645 MB (Peak: 3.5643 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 23:46:02 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS