Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#8002 05/14/01 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have two boring machines, NOT Millers Falls. One is in perfect condition, the other is not. The wooden fram is warped and rotted. I was wondering what the common wood species was for these old machines. The good one looks like oak but I could be mistaken. The rotted one poplar????? Any info would be appreciated.
Adam

#8003 08/25/01 02:11 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 39
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 39
Adam, I just purchessed a boring machine and is made of oak. John.

#8004 10/10/01 01:17 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 39
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 39
Adam - My first boring machine I was told is a Swan and it too is in good condition and is made of oak. I just purchased a second machine which is similar but the metal components are different. I'm not sure what kind it is. It is made of a very light wood in color. The uprights look like maple and the base is much softer and appears to be poplar. Good luck. John


Moderated by  mdfinc 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.186s Queries: 20 (0.161s) Memory: 2.9674 MB (Peak: 3.5623 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 23:52:22 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS